What Is The Best Memory Foam Mattress Topper: 3 Of The Most Popular
If you are looking for the best memory foam mattress topper reviews, you are in the right place.
I will run through what I think is the best rated memory foam mattress topper by reviewing 3 of the best ones available right now.
To do this, I will briefly describe the different options available and how a memory foam mattress topper can be so good for your sleep, especially if you have bad back pain.
Some key points I will cover throughout this rundown will include:
- Are affordable memory foam toppers good for your back?
- Are the top rated memory foam toppers any good, are they worth the investment?
- How long do popular memory foam toppers last?
So without further ado, let’s start with the best best rated memory foam mattress topper.
Review of the Top Rated Memory Foam Mattress Toppers:
Breathable, open cell ViscO2 ventilated memory foam mattress topper
Formula uses plant-based ingredients
Provides comfort and pressure relief to reduce tossing and turning
Spot clean only, do not machine wash or dry
100% Polyurethane (hypoallergenic)
2″ premium memory foam mattress topper, 3-year warranty
Ventilated to increase air flow for a soothing sleeping temperature
Lucid memory foam formula offers superior comfort and pressure relief
Open cell technology prevents lasting body impressions
1″ shorter on all sides to ensure your sheets still fit over your original mattress and the topper
20 Year Limited Warranty Direct From Cloud9 Bedding
Exclusive formula makes you feel like you are floating on CLOUD9, sailing forth into a sea of dreams
Made in the USA, does not contain any toxic ingredients, new foam odors will dissipate if aired out.
Are These Products Good For Your Back?
The 2 issues that people frequently ask me about are:
- Does a memory foam topper help you if you suffer from back pain?
- Are memory foam toppers bad for your back if there is nothing wrong?
Here’s the deal:
If you already suffer with a bad back; you should be careful when investing in a top rated mattress topper to be certain it has very good support on their reviews.
When searching for a good one, should keep an eye out for its foam density.
High quality and affordable toppers will have a density of at least 4 pounds (4 lbs) and in some cases up to 5 pounds (5 lbs). To find more ergonomic products go here: www.ergonomichealthhq.com
A foam density of at least 4 pounds should be a minimum starting point for you if you are specifically looking for one to help your back, and 5 or more being even better.
As for the next question, is foam bad for you if your back is fine?
Well the short answer is yes!
You will not have problems if you get the right one, but you must be aware that a memory foam mattress topper is only as good as the original mattress it lays on based on the reviews.
In order to ensure the mattress topper reviews will work as it is intended to do, you should already have a good mattress which the topper be used with.
If your mattress is getting older and looks like it has seen better days; a topper may not help you get a better nights sleep. If it is at that stage, you should seriously consider replacing the entire mattress.
For example, if your mattress is already worn out and sagging in the center, the mattress topper will also sag.
It’s a waste of money to invest in just a memory foam mattress topper, because the topper will adapt to the underlying mattress!
Are They Worth The Investment?
I think I can safely assume that if you are looking at an article related to top rated, popular and affordable memory foam toppers reviews ; you probably want memory foam… just at an affordable price.
Stand alone memory foam mattresses are expensive and can sometimes run into the big numbers! This is a lot of money when you could just get yourself a topper.
As I mentioned earlier:
A quality topper is good to help alleviate back pain when sleeping, but it is also suitable for the following:
- You possess a good mattress already but it’s hard and you want to soften it up with a good topper.
- You have a sofa bed (the type that folds up), but the mattress provided leaves a lot to the imagination! Using a good foam topper on top will help to make it more comfortable and will earn you many brownie points from guests that stay over.
- You do not have a sofa bed, but often cater for outside guests and need an extra mattress you can simply throw on to the ground as a makeshift bed.
- Do you go camping or own an RV? Well a memory foam mattress topper can make you more comfortable when in the great outdoors. Who says camping has to mean discomfort!
- If either yourself or your children are in college and stay in a dorm room, you can get one as a going away gift. Believe me, I have spent 3 years in on a dormitory mattress, and it wasn’t fun. I wish I knew about these things before I went!
- You can take it with you on the highway when traveling and put it on top of the hotel or motel mattress. Great for you travelling sales folks out there 😉
How Long Do Memory Foam Toppers Last?
If you decide to buy cheap or affordable, budget-friendly product (under $40 realistically), you’ll be lucky to get a couple years from it.
Poor quality memory foam will begin to lose its support. Basically, you will start to see over time, that the cheap foam stops expanding out and the indentations of your body remain in place. This is bad thing that happens with poor quality mattress toppers and any bad quality memory foam mattress in general.
However, the best and most popular memory foam mattress topper can last up to at least 10 years if you take care of it.
An affordable topper that has up to 5 pounds with a thicker density will usually last longer than ones that are less dense, so keep that in mind.
To Sum Up
If you are looking to get the best memory foam mattress topper for the best budget-friendly price, you can’t go wrong with the ones I have reviewed here.
However, please be aware that you must check for the exact type that you need or want.
As usual, please leave any comments below and I will get back to you. If you have any questions in regards to the reviews that you would like me answer personally, then please feel free to use the contact page at the footer.